Work with us
In Blubrake we strive to achieve excellence encouraging to think outside the box, to pioneer new ways of doing things and create our own vision of the future. Be part of the change and join Blubrake Team.
Shape the mobility of the future
We embrace innovation and we are always looking for talented professionals to join us
Blubrake is a fast‑growing company and we are constantly looking for talented and skilled professionals ready to embrace our goals and contribute to our culture. Discover Blubrake open positions and be part of the change.
Discover our open positions
Working in Bubrake means joining a stimulating, young and high skilled company that is changing the way people move, here you will find a dynamic and innovative environment and a talented team composed of 20+ top level multidisciplinary engineers that have the goal to reinvent light mobility.
Junior functional safety engineer
We are looking for a young functional safety engineer, with a background in the automotive industry, or similar sector.
As a Functional Safety Engineer you are equipped with interdisciplinary knowledge and skills that allow you to develop a system and manage its complexity, from the concept phase, through its design and validation, to the industrialization phase, implementing a structured engineering process (V-Model). You are also responsible for defining the appropriate verification and validation plan tailored to the specific application, and support the industrialization phase of the product, including its certification / homologation.
To succeed at blubrake you must be energetic, highly organized, and hard working.
You should have a passion for technology and mobility, together with the capability to solve complex problems in a very limited time.
The position is based in Milan, Italy.
- Define product requirements specification supporting stakeholders in requirements elicitation
- Analyze concept architecture and classify the safety risk of the system, deriving the high-level safety requirements
- Translate the product requirements and the safety requirements into detailed system design solutions, analyzing pros and cons of each one, specify lower level requirements allocated to mechanical, hardware and software components
- Carry out Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (FMEA) to support the system design and the requirements definition
- Interface and follow-up with the different product development area in blubrake to ensure that the requirements are adequately implemented and tested.
- Define application specific verification and validation plans aimed to ensure that the product can be industrialized (i.e. released for production) and certified or homologated
Required background and technical skills:
- Master’s degree in Engineering with best grades
- At least 2 years of experience in the automotive sector in similar context, alternatively in system design of industrial machinery or medical devices
- Ability to carry out hazard analysis and risk assessment
- Knowledge of the safety lifecycle according to safety standards (such as IEC 61508, ISO 26262, EN ISO 13849 or equivalent)
- Attention to details and formalization of documents
- Knowledge of model-based system design (SysML or UML) and V-Model lifecycle
- Knowledge of Matlab / Simulink or Enterprise Architect is a plus
- Software development skills in C / Python are a plus
- Knowledge of CAN bus and logging systems is a plus
Other skills and characteristics
In blubrake we go fast, therefore it is fundamental that the candidate:
- Is able to report in a clear and organized way to your direct report
- Has the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and handle various tasks at the same time
- Has curiosity, enthusiasm and positive attitude
- Has ability to work under pressure
- Has willingness to often travel worldwide
- Is fluent in English and Italian
- Full time contract
- Compensation in line with organizational role and individual competences and experience
- Career growth: in line with the track record demonstrated in the company
- Company canteen
Embedded Software QA Engineer
The Embedded Software Quality Assurance team is part of the Research and development team, the candidate will report to the Head of Control and System.
The Embedded Software Quality Assurance team contributes during all the phases of the product development, starting from the requirements, to the design of the firmware architecture, to the selection of the most appropriate and effective technologies to be employed to assure the quality of the Software, to validate and release the Software solutions.
The team guarantees the proper quality control on the released Software through extensive and structured testing activities, based on test protocols and test reports.
The Embedded Software Quality Assurance team works in strict contact of our multidisciplinary organization made of highly skilled engineers and designers working in diverse information technology fields, ranging from hardware engineers, control engineers, product validations engineers and product managers.
Blubrake is looking for a QA Engineer whose activities are aimed to improve the software development process by detecting errors in a product and preventing defects from occurring again. The Embedded SW QA Engineer will execute different roles:
- Test Analyst – static testing of requirements and checks them for completeness and consistency
- Test Designer – creates and develop a set of tests based on requirements and plans configurations that are necessary for testing
- Test Executor – performs pre-planned tests, describes and documents the found errors, and steps for reproducing (or fixing) them
- Test Manager – plans and monitors work related to testing such as keeping to deadlines, following a schedule, controlling requirements to tests, setting tasks for team members directly reporting to the Head of System and Control
- One or two years of expertise of QA experience, preferably on consumer software products in automotive or aerospace industry
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to solve hard problems with creative and sustainable solutions.
- Be detail oriented and strive for the best product for our customers.
- Contribute to all phases of the product software lifecycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, automated test, release, support, and documentation
- Design modular testing environment that is maintainable, scalable and reusable across blubrake product line
- Basic knowledge of the MISRA C guidelines
- Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
- Demonstrated ability to work on teams. A strong desire to learn from and help others
- Engineering degree in Computer science or Electronics
Other nice to have requirements:
- Practical knowledge of high-level programming language (C#, Java)
- Experience on CANbus, CANopen and BLE protocol
- Experience on bootloader and flash memory
- Knowledge of Vector solutions (CANoe, CANAlyzer, etc)
- Knowledge of Mathworks solutions/toolboxes (Simulink Test, etc)
- Availability to travel
- Full time contract
- Compensation in line with organizational role, individual competences and experience
- Salary in line with the competences and experience
- Company canteen
Senior Sales Manager
Blubrake is looking for a Senior Sales Manager with a background in the automotive industry or in the high tech business.
Blubrake is a young and successful company in the e-bike industry, with a solid business and enormous growth potential in the European and North American markets.
You will take a leading position in the company and will drive the international growth of the company.
The successful candidate will report to the General Manager and will take the responsibility of the full commercial development of the company, by coordinating internal and external resources.
- Drive the commercial effort by defining and executing, in coordination with the company’s management, the commercial strategy, goals and plan;
- Meet revenue generation targets;
- Engage, nurture and close negotiations with existing and new B2B leads (e-bike manufacturers, logistic companies, bike rentals, …);
- Constantly keep up to date and regularly present the commercial reports and the identified action plans;
- Work with existing and new customers to identify best technical and commercial fit between our products and the customers’ e-bikes;
- Work closely with internal stakeholders in order to make sure customer requests are addressable;
- Work closely with internal stakeholders in order to define customer projects timelines and to make sure they are respected;
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to maximize the growth potential and identify segments, features or product updates
- 6+ years of experience in B2B sales;
- Availability to travel internationally frequently;
- Fluent in English: 90% of our market is outside Italy;
- Skilled in crafting sales pitches and presentations;
- Analytical skills, ability to solve problems independently;
- Background in automotive, cycling or high tech
Requires wide availability to travel internationally.